Thursday, October 18, 2007

Pinch It

I was just looking at Bill Crider's blog and found myself doing the zoom-pinch action on my laptop's trackpad. I've been using my iPhone heavily since I bought it less than a week ago, and when browing the web on the little screen, text can be too small to read. But you can put two fingers together on the screen and drag them apart, causing the image to zoom in for better readability. I guess my brain is already adapting to that method. I helps that I scroll the screen the same way on both the iPhone and the Mac, dragging the screen with my fingertips.

I suspect it won't be long before I can zoom in with a pinch on the laptop's trackpad. Multi-touch technology is already partly enabled on the trackpad, and arbitrary zooming the screen is already available with command-option-+. Maybe it'll be in Lepoard.

I realized I'd been lax in blogging lately, so when the impulse hit, I decided to do something about it.

No comments: