Saturday, October 14, 2006

Shooting Chicago


We arrived at the waterfront of Chicago for two reasons. One was so that I could verify a few points in my latest novel, and two, so that Mary Ann could take some building pictures to sell to the stock photography agencies. Those goals combined in a riverboat cruise up the Chicago river, with elaborate commentary about the skyscrapers and the history of the city. We also took photos from the museum area and up at Montrose Harbor.

This is a common sight for me, Mary Ann viewing the photos she's taken by blocking out the daylight with her coat.

Did you know the process of looking at your photos on the little screen on the back of your camera is called 'Chimping'? I bet it's because you hear people saying "Oo! Oo!" as they do it.

1 comment:

Karen said...

At first I thought she was trying to catch some zzz's. Glad you guys are having fun.