Saturday, September 02, 2006

Writing Under Fire


It's dove hunting season, and I live out in the country. Add to that the fact that Mary Ann had been feeding the wild birds on the property for years now, and it's not surprising that shotgun fire is coming from across the pond, and has been for some time now.

Mary Ann is well aware of it. She pouts and says, "They're shooting my doves." I tell her that no, every last one of them is very agile in flight and all of the hunters are missing. Maybe it'll mean even more doves in the front yard, a shotgun-free zone.

I don't think she buys it

Ah, life in the country.

1 comment:

Henry Melton said...

Mary Ann's comment, when she read this entry was, "Why didn't you use one my dove photos?" So, without any delay, the blog is thus edited. Photo taken by Mary Ann Melton of a dove that lives (lived?) on our property.