Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Packing for Conestoga

Finally, I'm packing for my trip to the Conestoga 2009 science fiction convention in Tulsa. This will be an odd one, because Mary Ann has a conflicting schedule and I'll be going it alone. First, step, clean out the Trailblazer and pack up books to sell. Yes, that looks like a lot, especially since there are only 5 titles, but the last convention I mis-packed and ran out of my most recent book. So, since I don't have to make room for a ton of photographic gear and monster tripods, I'm just making sure I have enough, even if sales exceed my wildest expectations. What am I going to do as even more titles come out? Buy a trailer I guess. I miss that Suburban.

The first glitch is that as soon as Mary Ann came back from her Photographic event that she ran last weekend (NANPA Regional Event), she took the car to wash off all the mud, and discovered that there was a headlight out. After our problems with the headlight just a couple of months ago, I had a sinking feeling that this was just a recurring problem, but an inspection showed that this was the right headlight. Our other problems were with the left one. I have my fingers crossed that this is just a simple bulb replacement.

If I can get off early enough, I'll take a winding route up to Tulsa and visit a few bookstores on the way. Let's see how that works out.

No comments: