Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Struck by a Scene

While driving in to visit my mother, I saw a tornado siren...common things up here in the panhandle of Texas. I chuckled and Mary Ann asked what was up. I explained; I had just been struck by a scene. Churning away in the back of my mind, a new story is slowly, slowly coming into shape. It is still too vague to explain. I don't have the characters. I don't have a plot. Just a location, here in Amarillo, the small town where I grew up. Maybe it's not such a small town any more. Somehow a story is coming together. It's like a jigsaw puzzle with just a few pieces of the picture on the table. That flash of 'scene' connected a few random pieces into a vivid moment. A few more flashes like this and a plot will begin to form. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: