Saturday, November 11, 2006

Image Browsing

While I was checking to see if the canoe image had appeared out anywhere else on the web, I entered "Henry Melton" into Google Images. In addition to the football photos I expected to see of the other Henry Melton in Austin, I noticed a movie poster for one of my unsold novels, "Humanicide".

A friend of mine, who had reviewed the novel, needed to make a mock up poster for some Photoshop class and used it as the subject a few years ago. She showed it to me at the time, but I filed it away and forgot about it.

But it seems she went to work for a website construction company and the image ended up on a website as an example of work that company could do for clients. Through the magic of Google algorithms, it bubbled up to near the top of the list of Henry Melton images.

Hey, maybe one of these days the novel will indeed make it to the big screen. I can dream, can't I?

No comments: